Wednesday 30 January 2013

January Favourites 2013

 I haven't done a favourites in months and months, but as it's the new year I figured I would start a fresh and hopefully I'll come across enough amazing products to warrant putting these posts up monthly!

L-R 

Rimmel Scandeleyes Mascara £5.49; I discovered this mascara towards the end of 2012 and I just bought it because I had run out, it was on offer and it was 'extreme black'. I have actually really enjoyed it and I will be repurchasing. It is indeed extremely black, it gives me a lot of volume and doesnt flake down my face after a few hours! I will do a review of this soon.

 Loreal Caresse 06 'Aprodite Scarlet' lipstick, around £7; I saw this in one of Ghostparties videos and went straight out and bought it. The beauty of this lipstick is that it can be worn sheer or really built up. It's beautifully smooth it almost feels like nothing is on my lips when I wear it. It definitely gives the lips a 'juicy' look if that makes sense, lol.
 
Rimmel Kate Moss 107, around £6; Probably the most famous lusted after lipstick of 2012? Who doesn't have it?! It's a gorgoeus deep berry shade with a bit of red that stops it being too vampy! 107 is marketed as a matte but it has a slight sheen and isn't too drying so it isn't entirely a matte! I love it with simple eye make up and groomed brows it gives a really polished, chic look!

Barry M Gelly 'Blueberry nail polish £3.99; Favourite nail polish of the month, post and swatches here.

 MAC pigment gift o glamour, I have forgotten what christmas collection I got this from as I'm so behind on MAC nowadays but I kind of just dug this out by accident and have used it every day since. Really gorgeous peachy shimmery pigment. I love these little pots as you can try the pigments for a fraction of the price of a full sized one and they're not as messy. I am totally unsure as to whether this is avaliable to buy from MAC today.

Benefit high beam, around £24; I absolutely love this highlighter, I'm not sure that I would spend £24 on it but since coming off of my acne medication, not having a single spot for 5 months and not having oily skin anymore it has been amazing to whack highlighter on my face and not be constantly worrying that It'd break me out or accentuate any spots that I might have. So really, highlighters in general, they're amazing and I love my new skin!

What are your favourite this month? Hope everyones week is going great! x

3 comments:

  1. Lovely picks :)) I have Aphrodite Scarlet too, You have inspired me to swap it in to my routine :))xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria! Oooh great, it's such a pretty lipstick! Really love it :) x

      Delete
  2. I don't have many new favourites but the only one is a DHC Mascara, it's amazing! Really liking ur blog & im ur newest follower. x

    ReplyDelete